Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Republic of Sierra Leone - Sierra Leone Roads Authority (SLRA)
Infrastructure Development Project (IDP) Grant No: H191-SL
Spot Wise Rehabilitation / Reconstruction of Rural / Feeder Roads and associated Structures in the Bonthe and Kono Districts of Sierra Leone
IFB No: SL/IDP/SLRA/FR/NCB/Bonthe/04-2012/Pkg Nos. B1, B2 & B3, and IFB No: SL/IDP/SLRA/FR/NCB/Kono /04-2012/Pkg Nos. K1, K2, K3 & K4
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
1. The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Sierra Leone Infrastructure Development Project (IDP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contracts for the Spot Wise Rehabilitation / Reconstruction of Rural / Feeder Roads packages and their associated structures in the Bonthe and Kono Districts of Sierra Leone.
2. The Sierra Leone Roads Authority now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Spot Wise Rehabilitation / Reconstruction of 7(seven) packages of Rural / Feeder Roads and associated Structures in the Bonthe and Kono Districts of Sierra Leone. Each package is made up of a number of stand-alone roads. The relevant packages for Bonthe (B1, B2 and B3) and also for Kono (K1, K2, K3 and K4) contain the following roads and associated details identified in the table below, i.e.
Bidders may bid for more than one out of the seven packages determined for the two districts (Bonthe and Kono) above. However, a bidder may be awarded more than one package, if and only if it is determined after due diligence that the bidder’s current workload is not a limitation and that the bidder, in addition, meets the qualification requirements and has the capacity to field and manage separate resources to execute more than one contract within the delivery period.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (May 2004, revised October 2006), and is open to all Sierra Leonean works and road contractors. Foreign bidders who wish to participate in the NCB bidding process are encouraged to do so.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Address 1 below and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Address 2 also given below from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on working days.
5. Qualifications requirements include:
(i) Experience as contractor for at least the last 3(three) years, and having executed at least 3(three) contracts within the last three (3) years that are similar to the proposed Works. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics as described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements, and Experience using labor-based methods for road construction, and,
(ii) Minimum average annual turnover of SLL 658.50 Million (US$150,000) calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed within each of the last three (3) years for each package. A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied under NCB procedures.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the Address 2 below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of SLL 658,500.00 (or US$150.00).The method of payment will be by Bank Draft, Certified Cheque in the name of Sierra Leone Roads Authority or by cash payable to the office of Director of Finance, SLRA. The Bidding Documents will be picked directly from the Procurement Unit of SLRA.
7. Bids must be delivered to the Procurement Unit (SLRA) at or before 14:00 hours on Wednesday, May 30, 2012. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the Conference Room (SLRA), i.e. Address 3 below at 14:00 hours on Wednesday, May 30, 2012.
8. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration using the text of the format attached in Section IV of this bidding document
9. The addresses referred to above are:
Address 1: For Information and Clarifications
Director of Feeder Roads
Sierra Leone Road Authority Kissy Road, Near Ferry junction Freetown
Email: email@example.com, also copied to firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com)
Address 2: For Inspection and Issuing of Bidding Documents and for Submission of Bids
(Attention Mr. Lappia, Head of Procurement)
Sierra Leone Road Authority PMB 1324 Kissy, Freetown
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email address not to be used to submit bids)
Address 3: Bid Opening Location Conference Room, Sierra Leone Road Authority Near Ferry Junction Kissy, Freetown
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.