1. This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business, dated 4 June 2004.
2. The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Institutional Reform and Capacity Building Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the contract for IFB N0 IRCBP/ICB/05/06. Bidding will be governed by the World Bank’s eligibility rules and procedures.
3. The Ministry of Finance now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of offices as per the following Lots
Bidders are allowed to quote for one or more Lots.
The Construction period is nine (9) months, simultaneously for all Lots.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the address below and inspect the bidding documents at the address given in paragraph 8 below from 9.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m GMT.
6. Qualification requirements include: Bidder’s audited statements for five years; total monetary value of Works performed for each of the last 5 years; evidence of adequate working capital and experience in works of a similar nature.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders. on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of one hundred and thirty United States Dollars
(US$ 130.00) for foreign suppliers or four hundred thousand Sierra Leonean Leones (SLL 400,000.00) for suppliers within Sierra Leone. Bidders wanting documents posted to them must pay an additional US$ 100.00 for transmission of the bidding documents by DHL or other preferred courier. The method of payment will be by cash, cashier’s cheque, or Bank Draft to Institutional Reform and their bids rejected. The document shall not be obtained electronically but will be obtained personally or sent by courier services.
A complete set of biddine documents is the Bidding Document plus the Architectural Drawings for one (1) Local Council office. Bidders interested in quoting for more than one (1) Lot must pay for each additional Architectural Drawing at sixty five United States dollars (US$ 65.00) or two hundred thousand Sierra Leone Leones (SLL 200,000.00).
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10.00 a.m. GMT on Thursday 2 March 2006. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of not less than 2% of the Bid Price. Bid Security in the form of Bid Bonds from Insurance and bonding institutions are not acceptable. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the Conference Room at the Location indicated below at 10.00 a.m. GMT on Thursday 2 March 2006.
Location for purchase of bidding documents, submission of bids & bid opening:
The Project Coordinating Unit
Institutional Reform and Capacity Building Project
38 Wellington Street