THE GOVERNMENT OF SIERRA LEONE
OFFICE OF THE ADMINISTRATOR AND REGISTRAR-GENERAL
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES
1. The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone (GoSL) has received a grant from the Investment Climate Facility for Africa (ICF) towards the Modernization of the Office of the Administrator &Registrar –General in Freetown and the extension of services of the Office to District Headquarter Towns, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to payments under the contract for Consulting Services for the overall management of the project.
2. Specifically, the project is expected to have the following impact within the 18 months project duration:
·Automation of current business Office of the Administrator and Registrar-General
· Streamlined processes for company registration
· Digitalization of historical records
· Increase in monthly registration of legal instruments
. Identification of all legal and institutional changes
· Reduction in the number of days to register a business to 90% below the current average
· Increased capacity and efficiency of the Office of Administrator and Registrar General staff to implement the new systems The Services shall include:
· Analysis of current institutional arrangements and recommendations for needed adjustments to ensure successful decentralization of the OARG into different cities of the country.
· Assessment of the IT capacity needs for the business of the OARG and recommendations for bridging any gaps identified.
· Assessment of the human resources and training needs of the OARG.
· Preparation of an opinions plan with a cost-benefit analysis of collaborating with other government agencies such as the National Revenue Authority and the National Social Security Scheme in key cities and towns.
· Provisions of initial design documents for automation along with streamlining recommendations.
· Assisting the OARG to develop an action plan that stipulates means for decentralizing the delivery of registration services and ensuring that registration procedures support the formalization of business. This will include (a) a human resource plan and (b) an automation plan including computerization, digitization of historical records, a searchable database of company names, and a design to measure performance.
3. The OARG now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the required services. Interested Consultants must provide the following information indicating their capabilities to perform the services:
· Brochures or similar information documents
· Similar assignments in similar conditions carried out in the last three years that best illustrate your qualifications for the assignment showing assignment name, country, duration of the assignment and approximate value of services in current US Dollars
· General qualifications and the number of key staff for the assignment
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
4. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the ICF Procurement Guidelines for the Selection of Consultants-2008.
5. Consulting Firms should submit the Legal Status of the Firm and Tax Clearance Certificate for 2009 along with their Expression of Interest.
6. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the Office of the Administrator and Registrar Genera, 4th Floor, Walpole Street, Freetown, Telephone number +23222 222294 +23222 222294 between the hours of 9:00 hours and 16.00 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
7. One Original and Three copies of complete Expressions of Interest documents in sealed envelopes with a description of the assignment clearly marked on top must be delivered to the:
The Project Director
OARG Modernization Project
Not later than December 23rd 2009. Only short listed firms shall be issued Request for Proposals (RFP) documents
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.