Public Financial Management
Improvement and Consolidation Project
Sierra Leone Commercial Bank Building
35A Light-Foot Boston Street
Tel: (232-22) 220 146
Cell: (232-79) 358 317
MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, GEORGE STREET, FREETOWN, SIERRA LEONE
GOVERNMENT OF SIERRA LEONE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIALISED STANDARD BIDDING DOCUMENTS FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF ICT, MANAGEMENT SERVICES AND HEALTH RELATED PRODUCTS
Country: Republic of Sierra Leone
Name of Project: Public Financial Management Improvement and Consolidation Project (PFMICP)
Credit/Grant Numbers: IDA Credit Number 5350-SL, TF Grant Number 17201-SL and AfDB-2100155027317
Assignment Title: Consulting Services for the Development of Specialised Standard Bidding Documents for the Procurement of ICT, Management Services and Health Related
Reference No. MoFED/PFMICP/PMU/CQS/003/2015
Date of Issuance: Wednesday 8th July, 2015
1.0 Source of Funds
The Government of Sierra Leone has received funding in the amount of Twenty Eight Million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars ($28,500,000) from International Development Association IDA of the Word Bank, Multi-Donor Trust Funds (MDTF) - European Union (EU), DFID and pool funding from the AfDB towards the cost of Public Financial Management Improvement and Consolidation Project and intend to apply part of the proceeds of the funding for eligible payment under the contract for consulting services for the Development of Specialised Standard Bidding Documents for the Procurement of ICT, Management Services and Health Related
2.0 Objective of the Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to design and develop specialized standard bidding documents in the following areas;
I. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
II. Management Services
III. Health Related Products
Specifically, the assignment will look at:
• Harmonization of the these SBDs with that of the other regulatory instruments
• Collaborate with a technical committee formed by NPPA to organize consultative workshops to solicit input the may be further included into the formation of the finalized documents.
• Identify possible areas that will strengthen public sector procurement in order to foster efficiency.
3.0 Brief Description and Tasks to be Performed by Consultant
The Consulting firm shall provide technical services to the Government of Sierra Leone and the body designated to superintend over public procurement in Sierra Leone, NPPA, in order to develop the above detailed standard bidding documents in line with internationally accepted standards and best practices that integrate with the national procurement law to fit into the Sierra Leonean theatre of operations.
This involves the preparation of these specialized bidding documents (ICT, Management Services and Health Related Products) and their user manuals to guide in the use of these bidding documents developed.
This would also involve conducting an assessment that would include making a determination of the major types of products currently purchased in each category, forecasting the trend of future procurement in each sector and ensuring that the documents developed are wholly aligned with the dictates of the Public Procurement Act and the other documents that form the legal framework of public sector procurement. In addition, the services require that the consultants take into consideration the constraints faced in managing these products in an underdeveloped country that is dynamically evolving in its development. The assignment is expected to last for 3 months (12 Weeks) by which time the consultant must have submitted his/her final report for approval.
The selection method for this consultancy is based on Consultant Qualification Selection method (CQS). This will take into consideration the firms experience relevant to the assignment and the qualification of the key staff as major selection criteria. In addition, an entrance and exit meeting with designated staff of the Authority and shall organize an in-house training for staff of the Authority on the use of these documents and later train procurement stakeholders.
3.0 Duration of the Assignment is Two Calendar Months
The Public Financial Management Improvement and Consolidation Project (PFMICP ) now invites eligible Consultants Firms(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The Consulting Firm for this assignment should have:
Team Leader :
The Team Leader The experts should have as a minimum:
1. An advanced Degree in Business Administration/ Law/ Purchasing and Supply Chain Management/ Development Studies of any related discipline in the field of Procurement with 10 years professional experience in accessing, designing and implementing successful institutional capacity framework for strengthen governance and transparency in public sector procurement management.
2. Membership of a professional body in the field of Procurement (e.g. CIPS) is an added advantage.
3. Adequate experience in Project Management in a developing country.
4. Proven experience in World Bank, EU and AfDB procurement operations
5. Experience in fostering public sector participation in public procurement planning
6. Must have successful design and implement 3 similar projects in the West African Region.
7. Ability to work in a group and deal effectively with staff at all levels.
8. Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills.
9. Experience in managing the performance of suppliers and good knowledge in records management policies.
10. Proven experience in developing and establishing a successful framework for a public sector.
11. Demonstrate experience in international best practices in designing legislative or legal frameworks with a focus in promoting public procurement within a specified time frame.
12. Experience and expertise in having carried out a similar assignment in Sub-Sahara Africa.
13. Excellent English proficiency and excellent knowledge of common PC office tools
LOCAL PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
1. Post graduate in Business Administration/ Purchasing and Supply Chain Management/Development Studies/Health Management/ICT and other related discipline.
2. Must have at least 5 years experience in drafting and developing policies and frameworks in a public enterprise.
3. A professional membership in purchasing and supply chain management and a Certificate in Public Procurement Management from the Institute of Public Administration and Management (IPAM) could be an added advantage.
4. Adequate knowledge in NPPAs legal frame work.
5. At least 5 years experience at senior managerial level in corporate/public organizations in program design and the preparation of Legal and other public documents.
6. Should be computer literate and fluency in English is essential.
7. Proven experience in World Bank procurement operations
8. At least 4 years experience at senior managerial level in corporate/public organizations in program design and the preparation of Legal and other public documents
1. An advance Degree in Medicine/ Public Health/Pharmacology or any other related area in the field of Medicine /Health.
2. At least 6 years experience in planning and building capacity on public policies and health documents relating to the procurement of Pharmaceutical and health related products.
3. Experience in Public Procurement and an in-depth understanding of the legal framework of public procurement in the country.
4. Comprehensive expertise in value for money assessment and improvement in the public sector in relation to the purchase, supply, delivery and rationing of health related products.
5. Experience in managing drug supply in a developing country
6. Experiencing in health systems strengthen through the preparation of bidding and contract documents.
7. Be able to access and evaluate project reports.
8. Experience and expertise in having carried out a similar assignment in Sub-Sahara Africa.
9. Excellent English proficiency and excellent knowledge of common PC office tools
10. Excellent communications skills in written and spoken English.
1. An Advance Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Management Information Systems/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering.
2. Proven experience in the preparation of documents relating to purchasing and supplying of goods in ICT.
3. Comprehensive expertise in the drafting ICT specification for common used products in Sub-Sahara Africa.
4. Extensive communication experience at all levels with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
MANAGEMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
1. An Advanced Degree in management services/ management services Monitoring and Evaluation and any related Discipline in the field of management services.
2. Must have held a Senior Managerial Position for at least 6 years in a reputable National or International Institution with reference to the development of management services documents.
3. Relevant experience in Purchasing and Supply of management services related materials
4. Must be able to design and develop manuals used in the purchase of management services Materials.
5. Must be familiar with the specifications of management services materials procured in the country.
6. Expertise in planning and coordinating management services Policies for the Purchase, delivery and storage of specific management services products.
7. Must have adequate knowledge in the preparation and approval of manuals, guidelines on management services programmes and must be able to conduct independent research into areas such as the development of assessment documents, purchasing documents together with management services documents and techniques.
5.0 Selection Criteria
The short listing criteria are:
(i) Firms experience relevant to the Assignment - 40 points
(ii) Competency/Qualification of the Firm relevant to the Assignment – 60 points
This REOI will lead to the preparation of Short list of Consultants
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IDA Grants by World Bank Borrowers , (January 2011). (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consulting Firm will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultants Qualifications (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
The Consulting Firm is expected to be on board by 20th August, 2015
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours Sierra Leone time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person or e-mail, at 5pm on Wednesday 29th July, 2015.
The Project Manager
The Public Financial Management Improvement and Consolidation Project (PFMICP)
Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
3rd Floor Sierra Leone Commercial Bank Building
35a Lightfoot Boston Street
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Attn: The Project Manager
Tel: +232-22 220 146; Cell: + 232 79 358 317
E-mails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.