From Awareness Times Newspaper in
Feb 2, 2009, 00:00
APPLICATION REF NGO/UNDP/YES JANUARY 2009
POSITION TECHNICAL MANAGER
DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING
DURATION NINE(9) MONTHS
REPORTS TO REGIONAL COORDINATOR (NORTH)
LOCATION PORT LOKO
STARTING DATE IMMEDIATELY
One of the leading Local Non-Governmental Organizations operating nation wide in the sectors of Agriculture, Education, Health (WATSAN) Micro-finance and infrastructural development in post war Sierra Leone views Youth Employment as a human development challenge that must be given the attention it deserves in the context of gainful employment, post-conflict peace building and sustainable poverty reduction.
Under the Youth Employment Scheme(YES), funding has been approved and provided by the Government of Sierra Leone (GOSL) and UNDP for the implementation of a nine-month project on Vocational Skills training in the Port Loko District.
Towards achieving the goal of this project, the NGO requires a proactive and result oriented individual to fill in the post above.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the putting in place all technical mechanisms for the implementation of the components of the project.
- Prepare a master time table for all the training components of the project
- Development of training manuals in the areas of masonry, carpentry, soap making, blacksmithery (metal work) and honda and generator mechanic
- Provides orientation for the local artisans of the various skills areas
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum for the Technical and Vocational education on all the training components listed above.
- On a weekly basis, examine and confirm lesson plans prepared by trade areas instructors
- As technical head of the project, coordinate the various training as per course out line
- Get the Regional Coordinator au-fait with field operations
- Liaise with the chiefdom supervisors for effective monitoring and supervision purposes
- Execute any responsibility as may be assigned by the Regional Coordinator
- Jointly with the Regional Coordinator prepare reports as may be required by the Executive Director in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Technical Vocational institution
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a recognized institution serving in the same capacity as advertised above.
- Must be familiar with working in rural areas and willing to work and live in the communities occasionally.
- Must have good supervisory communication and interactive skills
- Must be a team player and have a flexible working altitude
- Experience working with NGOs in similar field is an added advantage
- Knowing the local language is an added advantage
- Must have basic computer skills particularly Excel.
All Applications including CVs are to be addressed and sent to:
17 GARRISON STREET
The Enclosing Envelope MUST be clearly Marked "YES APPLICATION"
Closing Date for Receipt of Application: 6th February, 2009
© Copyright 2005, Freetown, Sierra Leone.