From Awareness Times Newspaper in
International Rescue Committee Vacancy Announcement
Nov 13, 2009, 17:03
International Rescue Committee
305 Frazer Street
Off Wilkinson Road, Freetown
Sierra Leone Tel: (232)22232230
IRC has been present in West Africa for over ten years and has been implementing programs in Sierra Leone since 1999. Since peace was declared in early 2002, IRC has focused on post-conflict development and reintegration services for Sierra Leoneans returning home from neighboring countries, as Sierra Leone is now a country in transition from relief and rehabilitation to development. The IRC country program is managed from the head office in Freetown and has three field offices in Kenema, Kono and Kailahun. Current programs broadly encompass child protection, education, community development, women’s empowerment, and health.
The CYCLE (Countering Youth and Child Labor Through Education) initiative is a four-year project funded by the United States Department of Labor and implemented by the International Rescue Committee in Sierra Leone and Liberia, between September 30, 2005 and September 26, 2009. IRC has just received an extension of 9 months for this project.
Based in Freetown, the Child Protection Coordinator (CPC) will be responsible for the overall coordination of all projects related to child protection, as well as mainstreaming child protection issues into other existing programmes.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
External: MSWGCA, MoL, MEYS, CWC, UN, NGOs;
Internal: CYPD Coordinator, CYPD M&E Manager, CYPD Program Officer, CYCLE staff and CYPD staff.
• Undergraduate degree in education or relevant subject
· At least five years of child protection program management experience.
· Strong background in child protection and livelihoods and ability to provide solid technical support to child protection staff;
· Strong personnel management experience;
· Good writing skills including previous report writing experience;
SKILL & ABILITIES;
· Committed to the mission and principles of the International Rescue Committee
· Proficiency in project planning, implementation; monitoring and evaluation
· Strong facilitation and training skills;
· Excellent coordination and collaboration skills with local communities, local government, civil society, and other NGOs;
Deadline for applicatioDns is 20th November 2009. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Mode of Application:
Applications should include a cover letter, updated CV, names of three referees and their active telephone and/or email contacts, copies of professional certificates and testimonials. All applications should be sent to the Admin Coordinator. IRC, 35 Frazer Street, Off Wilkinson Road, Freetown or at our Field Offices in Kono. Kenema and Kailahun.
Please contact any of our above offices for further information and/or detailed requirements and job description or call on 076-606-775 or 033-311-138.
Kono: 43 Fillie Drive, Koidu Town Kenema: 123 Hanga Road Kailahun: Panguma Section, Morfmdor Road
Â© Copyright 2005, Freetown, Sierra Leone.