Supervisor: PBF Administrative AssistantType of Contract: Service Contract
II. Organizational Context
Under the guidance and supervision of the PBF Administrative Assistant, the driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the PBF coordination office ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the programme staff in the Strategic Planning Unit (SPU), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
1. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of PBF/SPU and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe, cost-effective and timely execution of the PBF/SPU services.
V. Competencies and Critical Success Factors Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates commitment to UNís mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experienceq Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the officeDevelopment and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issuesLeadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Secondary Education. Valid Driverís license.
Experience: 2-3 yearsí work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Language Requirements: Good knowledge of English
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Country Director (Operations), UNDP, 76 Wilkinson Road, Freetown, to reach latest 21st January 2010. Kindly indicate the position applied for on the top right hand corner of the envelope.