The National Public Procurement Authority, established by the Public Procurement Act 2004, is soliciting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 12th February 2010. Applications, including detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates, should be forwarded to: The Chief Executive Officer, National Public Procurement Authority, OAU Drive, Tower Hill, Freetown
Monitoring & Evaluation Officers
Role The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is responsible for the detailed implementation of procurement monitoring and evaluation strategies and policies approved by the NPPA Board. This includes managing the regulation, compliance and discipline for procurement officers operating in the public sector.
This will, inter alia, require the regular assessment and reporting on the operations of public procurement processes in all procuring entities.
Qualifications A good university degree in the social science, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, etc;
· Good professional experience in procurement management, compliance monitoring, operational research, field survey, data review, analysis and reporting;
· At least 3 years of relevant professional experience;
· Advanced user of information technology productivity solutions, e.g Statistical software, Microsoft Project and Office Professional, and the Internet.
Role Under the direction of the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the detailed execution of tasks generated by strategies and policies approved by the NPPA Board. This included managing the regulation and discipline of procurement officers operating in the public sector. This will, inter alia, required the examination and approval of entity annual procurement plans, the assessment and reporting of timely execution of such plans, the analysis of variances; and the conduct of relevant survey.
Head of capacity building
ROLE: The Head of Capacity Building is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the implementation of capacity building strategies and policies approved by the NPPA Board. This includes managing a two-way process of information, education and communication with procurement stakeholders. This will be pivotal to the public perception of the credibility of the NPPA. It also included the establishment of a sound training and career development system for procurement officers in the service.
ATTRIBUTES: Proven leadership and communication skills.
· Practiced and proven public speaking skills.
· Proven change management skills.
· Strong and visible commitment to discipline and due process.
· Respected and credible interpersonal skills.
· Irreproachable integrity and honesty.
· Demonstrably numerate.
· Capacity to identify, develop and retain procurement personnel who have the discipline and competence to realize the NPPA’s objectives.
· Ability to Inspire staff to commit to life-long learning, growth and personal excellence.
· Ability and initiative to sustain timely, regular and relevant communications with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the visibility and credibility of the NPPA.
· Flexibility to travel extensively within the country in order to deliver context to the NPPA’s work.
QUALIFICATIONS: University graduate in business administration and management; human resource development and management; business education; or the social science from a recognized university.
· Preferably a master’s degree in the above discipline.
· Good knowledge and experience in procurement management human resource development and management; project design and management; field surveys, data analysis and reporting; information technology and communication.
· At least 5 years relevant experience at management level in a recognised institution.
Advanced user of information technology productivity solutions e.g Microsoft Project and Officer Professional, including Power Point and the Internet.