From Awareness Times Newspaper in Freetown

Local News
In Sierra Leone, Another 60 Days Extension for Sim Registration
By Aruna Turay
Jul 1, 2010, 17:04

Concerned that all subscribers of the various mobile operating companies in the country in line with government regulations, and as genuinely also expressed by the service providers to extend registration period for subscribers, the National Telecommunication Company (NATCOM) has again given 60 (sixty) days for all SIMs to be regidtered nationwide.

In an SLBC television talk show ‘We Yus’ last evening, Mr. Kuyateh who represented the regulatory body said the decision to extend the deadline was in response to numerous calls made by subscribers across the country, coupled by similar demands by the service providers, for the commission to reconsider extending the June 30 deadline.

"We therefore have resolved that another deadline of 30th August 2010 be issued as we also found out that only 52% of subscribers met the June 30 deadline," he impressed. With another extension commencing today 1st July 2010, Mr. Kuyaheh expressed hope that the remaining 48% of subscribers would surely make it a point of duty to go through the process.

He however, emphasized that after the August 30 deadline; there would be no other extension for the registration process. "Any subscriber who fails to go through the registration process will have his/her Sim deactivated," Mr. Kuyateh stated.



© Copyright 2005, Freetown, Sierra Leone.