From Awareness Times Newspaper in
GOVERNEMENT OF SIERRA LEONE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FOOD SECURITY(MAFFS)
Apr 28, 2017, 17:00
GOVERNEMENT OF SIERRA LEONE
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FOOD SECURITY
MAFFS IN COLLABORATION WITH THE PUBLIC PRIVATE
PARTNERSHIP (PPP) UNIT, OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Date of issue Tuesday, April 24th, 2017
Invitation to bids (ITB)
Request for proposal (RFP)
Procurement of a Private Partner to take over the
Operations of Gambia – Mattru Oil Palm Facility
in Jong and Sogbini Chiefdoms, Bonthe District,
Sierra Leone, under a Concession Agreement
Procurement Number: PPP/MAFFS/ICB/OP-001
1.The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone received a loan of US$ 14.41 million, Istisna’a and Ta Grant financing from the Islamic Development Bank and Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD) toward the development of Palm Oil Production Project in Sierra Leone in the Framework of Capacity Building and GoSL invested an amount of US$1.53 million as Counterpart Contribution towards the POPSLCB project. Implementation of the project is nearing completion and Government is interested in sustaining the capital invested and realizing the socio economic goals of the project. Government of Sierra Leone through MAFFS &the PPP Unit are working on facilitating the PPP process for the Procurement of a Private Partner to take over the Operations of Matt Oil Palm Facility in Jong and Sogbini Chiefdoms, Bonthe District, Sierra Leone on a PPP long term Concession agreement. Bidding will be governed by a competitive PPP procurement process in accordance with the PPP act 2014.
2. GoSL investment in the facility includes: lease own 7,022 acres for the plantation; lease own 300 acres for the offices, staff quarters and mill; cultivated & maintained 1,432 Hectares (ha) of matured oil palm plantation; Establishment of 1570 ha nursery of High Yield Variety (HYV) oil palm seedlings; Secure funding and now finalizing the procurement & installation of a 10-tonne per hour oil mill factory; Completed the construction of offices, staff quarters and storage facilities with solar installations and boreholes with solar-powered pumps and piped water distribution system; construction of 40km of feeder roads within the plantation; and completed implementation of the social/community component of the POPSLCB project including the construction of schools, community health units, potable water systems and markets in the community within which the private partner will conduct its business.
For the duration of the Concession, the selected Bidder in required to sustain GoSL investment and enhance the facility through expansion of the existing plantation from 3,000 ha to 4,000 ha, implement an effective Out Grower scheme of up to 1,000 ha of oil palm with community farmers and maintain operations in line with ethical corporate practices.
3. The ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security in collaboration with the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Unit now invites sealed bids, in the form of a detailed technical and financial proposal, from eligible and qualified bidders for:
A Concession arrangement for the Operation of the Gambia –Mattru Oil Palm Facility in Jong and Sogbini Chiefdoms, Bonthe District, Sierra Leone for a maxium period of 25 years, depending on Bidders proposed investment, business case and financial model.
Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures and will be open to all interested bidders for duration of six weeks ending 26th May, 2017.
4. Bidders are encouraged to demonstrate their capacity to maximize the project opportunities into value addition activities in the long term.
5. Bidders are required to demonstrate financial and operational capacity to execute the project by providing documentation/evidence of their entity’s, qualification and experience of key staff, proof of access to finance in the form of a Line of Credit to the tune of US$2,000,000 and a supporting business and financial model.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and upon payment of a none refundable fee of Five Hundred United States Dollars (USD$ 500.00) or its equivalent in Sierra Leone Leones using the Bank of Sierra Leone Mid-rate as at the date of payment, to the address below.
For Foreign Transfer/Payment:
Oil Palm Production Project OIC CB Account no: 601041222
Banker: Zenith Bank SL Ltd, Rawdon Street, Freetown Branch
SWIFT Code: ZESLSLFR
SOFT code: 40-62-47
7. Bids must be accompanied by a Valid Bid Security of USD 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) from a Local Commercial Bank with offices in Sierra Leone or from a foreign bank but Guaranteed by a local bank.
8. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Senior Procurement Officer, MAFFS from 08:30 am to 5.00 pm week days.
9. Bids should be delivered to address below on or before 12:30 pm. 26th May, 2017. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the address below at 12:30 pm 26th May, 2017.
10. The address referred to above is: The Senior Procurement Officer, Procurement Units, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, & Food Security (MAFFS), 1ST Floor Youyi Building, Brookfield, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
© Copyright 2005, Freetown, Sierra Leone.